How often do you have bad breath? Bad breath, also known as halitosis, is the result of a nasty or foul odor coming from your mouth. It is frequently caused by poor oral hygiene but it may also be a symptom of a far more serious ailment within your mouth or body. Everything from the foods you eat to bad habits such as smoking can all play a central role in the causes of bad breath, so consider following these important guidelines:
– Various diseases and illnesses produce bad breath, including respiratory tract infections and liver and kidney problems.
– One of the easiest and quickest ways to eliminate most usual forms of bad breath is by using mouthwash.
– If you have an underlying disease such as periodontal disease, which is also known as gum disease, it may be causing bad breath.
– Bad breath can be triggered by poor oral hygiene habits such as the forgetting to floss and brush daily.
– Plaque buildup that stays in your mouth can cause bad breath.
– Medications that come with dry mouth symptoms can cause bad breath.
For an oral examination at Garrettsville Dental Group at our dentist office in Garrettsville, Ohio, please book an appointment with Dr. Andrew Holpuch and our team by calling 330-527-4313. We look forward to hosting your smile!